RE: [Amps] 3.5 kV 2A REGULATED Power Supply: Schematic ?

To: <frank_goenninger@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] 3.5 kV 2A REGULATED Power Supply: Schematic ?
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:00:31 -0600
Requirements for the amp should be stated like this: what degree of linearity
should I set for this amp, and given that... How do I design the power supplies
and tank circuit to meet the specs I set.  With a the average tetrode, the
screen and bias supply regulation will impact the linearity far more than the
anode supply.  You can determine the regulation needed for a given linearity
right off the tube curves.  The place most people fail is in the design of the
bias supply (usually can't handle the current properly).   There is a ton of
literature on designing non-coupled supplies for tetrodes...

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

"Collector of Edison Wind-up Phonographs... Do you have one for me?"
Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
Alternate Email: wmschmidt@charter.net
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com