[Amps] iron

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] iron
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:29:52 -0700
Yep, more copper and quality steel weighs more. Cut copper and the transformer runs very hot, and/or runs closer to saturation on the BH curve. Higher loss, etc.

You can run them very hot IF the insulation is class H or better, and IF you can live with the heat in your chassis (and don't mind that nice smell of hot varnish).

John
K5PRO

Weight is money.
Whether you need it or not is difficult to say but a Mercedes weights more
than a Fiat.
Both do their mileage.

Cheers, Dick