Re: [Amps] HV SAFETY QUESTION

To: "Jim Homer" <jimhomer@email.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV SAFETY QUESTION
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:39:59 -0800
Hi Jim:

It does not even take high voltage to put on a show.  I used to have 1700
amp hour batteries for my wind generator (2 volt cells).

One day someone came and laid a large 14" crescent wrench across the
terminals.  The crescent wrench was reduced to little balls of metal.  I was
not there at the time but understand it was quite a show.  I then decided to
lock the door to the battery room.  I did not realize that the case on one
cell cracked and 5 gallons of battery acid spilled on the concrete floor and
turned the concrete to mush.

73,  Colin  K7FM

---