Re: [Amps] one way coupler

To: Steve <ve3tu@rac.ca>
Subject: Re: [Amps] one way coupler
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:07:49 -0800
Steve wrote:

I tried running two smaller (HF1250) amps each feeding one element of a
phased vertical. One amp receives a lot of reflected power from the
other element. I would like to know if there is a circuit to stop
reflected power but allow the forward power ?

How do you control the phase relationship between the elements with this setup? Wouldn't slight differences in tuning of the tank circuits of the amplifiers result in phase differences?

I think the way to eliminate the 'reflected' power (which is really a result of the parasitic current (as in 'parasitic array', not 'parasitic oscillation'!) in the element would just be to insert a matching network in the line or at the base of the tower(s). Then you could adjust it (them?) for zero reflected power. I don't know what this means for the phase and current relationships in the elements, though. Wow, the idea of trying to make this work makes my head spin.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco