[Amps] Coleman lantern chimneys for 3CX1200A7/Z7 and 3-500Z

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Coleman lantern chimneys for 3CX1200A7/Z7 and 3-500Z
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:42:10 -0600
While at Alpha/Power I learned how easy it is to make the
silicon rubber chimneys used in Alpha amps--the only real
problem is finding a decent source for the material in
small quantities.

Just checked out some Coleman replacement chimneys
for their double mantle lanterns and the going price is about
$8.50.  Pretty decent price for a Pyrex chimney for the
3-500 and 3XC1200 tubes--assuming it fits OK.

Think I will measure my 1200s and see what diameter and
height of chimney they require and the next time I go to town
I will purchase one to play with.

--John W0UN