Re: [Amps] SB221 (220) Input SWR

To: Gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB221 (220) Input SWR
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:35:57 -0800
Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:

It is pretty difficult to adjust a coil while the amp is on, some
fancy ingenuity is in order, but it should be adjusted. Contact me if you decide you want a coil. 73 Louie W1QJ

Difficult and dangerous. However, one can temporarily put a carbon resistor whose value is the same as the input impedance under operating conditions of a pair of 3-500z's (I don't recall but someone will know) from cathode to ground, and use an antenna analyzer to adjust the coil for minimum SWR with the amp off.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco