Re: [BULK] - [Amps] Info on Mirage 6M 10/150 Amp?

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [BULK] - [Amps] Info on Mirage 6M 10/150 Amp?
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:30:59 -0500
Rick, I would be operating exclusively CW and SSB.

73, Joe

R.Measures wrote:

** What mode are you using on 6m?

Joe,

In many Mirage 6m amps, including a model A1015 that I have at home, the
circuitry for RF sensing is actually mostly in place, on the circuit board;
it's just not connected!  This makes it reasonably easy for anyone with a
screwdriver, soldering iron and about ten minutes to modify for RF sensing
if they wish.

In the case of my A1015 (about 3 years old), the entire circuit was in place
except for the coupling capacitor that drives it.  Took me about five
seconds to find that omission, and add the cap from my own stock...

73 de Steve WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill