[Amps] plate supply ratings and thoughts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] plate supply ratings and thoughts
From: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain@Maxtor.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:05:27 -0800
Looking over ALL my info I have here I'm beginning to rethink my stradegy.

Its never too late until I start buying LOTS of  parts (but I still can
always resell them).

The transformer I picked 2800v @1.5a after rectification and Filtering

 --->full wave b ridge and 10- 470uf with 25k across each

will be a bit more (2800 x 1.414? or 3950) on the plate of this GU-84b than
spec'd.

I have read that 4kv on this plate will be OK but What should I expect for a
drop at full load?

this is not a grounded grid setup either but thats for a different
discussion?

Somehow I know you people out there have a simple formulae or can help me
with your knowledge :)

still in the design/thought stage.

Chuck Partain