Re: [Amps] ITT Jennings part numbers

To: "Bill, W6WRT Turner" <wrt@dslextreme.com>," AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ITT Jennings part numbers
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:27:45 -0800

>I have a vacuum variable which is marked 7-1000 pf, but has no voltage
>rating.  The ITT Jennings part number is CVCJ-1000-0105.  Can the
>voltage rating be deduced from the part number?  Googled, but no luck.

The DC V rating is either 3kV or 5kV.  Normally, a suffix of 3S or 5S  is
used to designate which is which.  I would measure the DC breakdown V
with a high-pot tester to determine which one it is, and whether or not
it still has a vacuum..

cheers, Bill - and good luck.  With vac caps, you need some.