Re: [Amps] 2 x 8877

To: g8gsq@ic24.net, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2 x 8877
From: "S. J. Blackwell" <w5lu@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:55:09 +0000

Steve,
I had such an amp in the 1950's complete with window. It had a square cut out with glass. Beneath the glass was a layer of copper screen material for TVI suppression. The amount of VHF radiation would, to me, seem to be nothing as far as health is concerned even without the window screen. The 4-1000 was ,needless to say, not much of a vhf amp, particularily at the radar freqs that you are worried about. The voltages are not really high enough to produce much in the way of X-Ray radiation. I would believe have at it and don't get too up tight about radiation.
73,
Sam, W5LU