[Amps] IC-706 and ALS-500M

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] IC-706 and ALS-500M
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:20:02 -0500
I would like to use an IC-706 to drive an ALS-500M. Pin 3 of the 706 accessory socket goes to ground on transmit, but it apparently can only sink 20mA. The ALS-500M manual says that the T/R switching circuit supplies less than 100 mA on transmit, but does not specify the exact current. It sounds like that in order to switch the amp into transmit from the 706 I'm going to have to use a relay in between the 706's pin 3 and the 500M in order to handle the current. I wonder if anyone else has used these two units together and what they have done?

73, Joe