[Amps] ALPHA 77Sx Bandswitch

To: AMPS@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [Amps] ALPHA 77Sx Bandswitch
From: ka1xo@juno.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:44:26 GMT
Gents,

In reassembling the 'Sx and looking closely at the bandswitch, it is seen that
the schematic diagram published in 1980 doesn't match the wired configuration.
The added padding cap lead for the 80/75 meter
band position is attached to wafer S-3-B, and the 160m padder strap is
matching the schematic on its home on S-3-A, but what is shown as a blank
position on S-3-A, to the immediate right of the wiper contact as seen from the
back, is jumpered to another leaf (stator) position and then on to one of the
toroid coils.

Secondly, it is noticed that there are two detents for every band position on
the bandswitch dial position. I don't remember there being an issue with my
first 'Sx, but wonder if any of you have knowledge of these occurences, please?

Hal Mandel
KA1XO