Re: Fwd: [Amps] I had thought I'd seen everything

To: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Amps] I had thought I'd seen everything
From: Philip de Cadenet <phil@transmittersrus.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:15:34 +0100
Subject: [Amps] I had thought I'd seen everything
To:      Steve Jackson <kz1x@yahoo.com>
Cc:      AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
From:    R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date:    Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:06:02 -0700

On Apr 24, 2004, at 7:55 PM, Steve Jackson wrote:

but this is madness squared:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3093349628

It's a Suburban with a dedicated "25kW" CB amplifier.
Take a look at the power supply and the cooling
system.
The ad says it uses a pair of 3CX3000 ...

ð 25k pep Out from a pair of 3cx3000A7s is a stretch. 25k In is not.
- The last CBer I talked to about amplifier design issues was building a 4cx15,000A in AB1, a tube that will do 25k pep out without doubt.

 who knows
what element is in the Bird meter, though.

ð Bird meters can also be tweaked. Some folks tell the truth and some do not. I have run into people who seem to feel superior by convincing others that something which is not true, is true. Based on conversations with a Ham friend who sold cars to make a living, I think there are car and truck salesmen who do this. According to my friend, salesmen compete with each other to pull off the most delightsome scam.

I saw this Dennis. lol
--
Philip de Cadenet
Transmitters 'R' Us