Re: [Amps] RE: Need Help

To: Amplificadores Lineales <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: Need Help
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:00:27 -0300
Hello Tom:

Thomas Hix escribió:
I guess I didn't explain my situation very well.......When the problem with the arcing/buzzing sound is coming from the amp, and the HV meter is showing split second deflection at the same time as the arcing sound, the amp is not in transmit mode, it does it even before the step start timer kicks in, it continues to do it after the step start kicks in.....I do not key it up because I am afraid to with it acting this

If the culprit is a 240 v line problem (socket faulty contact, or wiring fault), just keying the amp (not transmitting, no RF at all) would let the HV meter deflects very much lower than in normal condition. You may verify this measuring voltage drop at 240V socket when keying at the above stated condition.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.

way, so it is not RF getting back into the amp as some of you have suggested......it cant be because there is no drive applied.

Thanks again.
Tom......W4TH

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amp Tubes & Sockets Also G3SEK Triode/Tetrode Boards & Kits http://www.tomstubes.com