[Amps] RE: Need Help

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RE: Need Help
From: "Thomas Hix" <w4th@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:15:01 -0500
I guess I didn't explain my situation very well.......When the problem with the arcing/buzzing sound is coming from the amp, and the HV meter is showing split second deflection at the same time as the arcing sound, the amp is not in transmit mode, it does it even before the step start timer kicks in, it continues to do it after the step start kicks in.....I do not key it up because I am afraid to with it acting this way, so it is not RF getting back into the amp as some of you have suggested......it cant be because there is no drive applied.

Thanks again.
Tom......W4TH

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amp Tubes & Sockets Also G3SEK Triode/Tetrode Boards & Kits http://www.tomstubes.com