Re: [Amps] Need Diagnostic help

To: Thomas Hix <w4th@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need Diagnostic help
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:54:47 -0700
Thomas Hix wrote:

OK that is 2 different amps that had the same exact symptoms while at my location hooked to my 240 line.......both amps were making the arcing/buzzing sound inside the amp and both were showing a downward deflection on the high voltage meter.......both amps worked wonderfully with no sign of arcing/buzzing and no high voltage meter deflection when hooked up at my friends shop.

OK, you have a bad connection somewhwere in your 240 volt circuit, which is loose and arcing. Some component in your amp is buzzing in response to the rapidly fluctuating 240 vac -- there's no arc inside the amp, so your friend couldn't find any signs of arcing. Maybe even a relay is buzzing.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco