Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:14:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Rob,
I added auxiliary cooling to my TL-922 and it helped quite a bit.  The layout
you describe sounds
nearly identical to the Kenwood, and I had the luxury of an access panel where
the PS strapping
was located for 120/240V operation.  I removed the cover and mounted a fan
temporarily there to
blow air across the XFMR and other PS circuits.  I was able to run it at 300W+
carrier for 5
minutes+ without any problems.  I definitely recommend it!!  BTW, I run a
Ten-Tec solid-state rig
on AM all the time, now into a Henry 3K-A.  Very good combination.

Joe,
N3JI,
Lewisville, TX