[Amps] A 3-500Z question...

To: AMPS <AMPS@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] A 3-500Z question...
From: "Kim Elmore" <Kim.Elmore@noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:52:42 -0500
While idly thinking the other day, I began to wonder why no one builds grid-drive 3-500Z amps. I know the tube was designed for GG service, but that doesn't preclude grid-drive service. Eimac even specs grid-drive service on the data sheet. Is neutralization a big pain for them? Or, is the result not worth the effort given the variety of high-quality tetrodes available?

Kim Elmore, N5OP
                          Kim Elmore, Ph.D.
                       University of Oklahoma
        Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
"All of weather is divided into three parts: Yes, No, and Maybe. The
greatest of these is Maybe" The original Latin appears to be garbled.