Re: [Amps] a 'circuits' question

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] a 'circuits' question
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:59:20 -0700
Steve, thank you for your reply.

I have 8 working parts. 3 are nearly identical in bias and measure a gain of 4.5 cm +or- .1 cm. A fourth part has an identical gain but a bias that is significantly different. The other parts have very different bias.

Are 2 cycles sufficient to determine a common gain?

If the gain is common will a bias that is off by a cycle step create a problem?

Would selecting a part with a 10% difference in gain but similar bias create a better balance?

Thanks,
Dan