[Amps] PWD XFMRS STILL TOPS

To: AMPS@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [Amps] PWD XFMRS STILL TOPS
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:36:14 -0400
Gentlemen,

The replacement filament transformer arrived today from
Peter W. Dahl's company in Texas, at no charge for
any service.

Instead of repairing the old unit that smoked, Peter completely
redesigned the core and windings so as to provide an E-I core
with 5 vac @ 25 amperes, CCS,  40 vac @ 3 a, CCS and
a third secondary with 20 vac @ 3 a, CCS.  No taps,
no dual primary (240 vac) and a more robust core.

This is now the second time in a year that Peter has
"stepped up to the plate," and I wanted you all to know
how they treated a small customer in Kentucky.

Hal Mandel
W4HBM