Re: [Amps] Transformer shop update

To: gdaught6@stanford.edu,"amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer shop update
From: craxd <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:48:57 -0400
George,

I was actually going to make them heavier than that. The screen windings were going to be rated at 250 mA, the bias at 125 mA, the 12 V at 2 amperes, and the 6 V winding at 10 amperes. Most all the supplies will have losses and actually require more current than the DC output. These will be able to run full wave, half wave, and doubler circuits with room to spare, running at CCS. I wanted to do this to keep the heat way down to where they could be mounted in chassis that wasn't ventilated well. I figured a rough price of $100.64 each with a watt rating of 205 watts to compare to Dahls pricing of similar. These use an EI 1-5/8" laminate 1-1/2" in depth. The physical size of the core is 5-1/4" wide x 4-3/8" high x 1-1/2" deep, with the steel weighing 8 pounds. The estimated finished weight will be about 12 pounds. You can look up a similar transformer at Dahls website weighing 12 pounds and 205 watts. Thanks for the interest, I should be up and running around December.

Best & 73's

Will Matney

gdaught6@stanford.edu wrote:

Hi Will,

By December, we should be winding as scheduled. I will first be
offering some screen/bias transformers with heater and control
windings included. The screen will have taps for 315 Vac, 275 Vac, and
236 vac. That will give 445 Vdc, 389 Vdc, and 334 Vdc.

At how many mA? 100mA would be good.

They will have
a 90 Vac bias winding, 12 vac control winding, and 6 Vac heater
winding.

One Ampere on the 12v winding; and how many on the heater winding? Heater for what?

If the price is right, I'd like one (or even two!)

I hope there's enough of a market to make it worth your while! Good luck, and keep us posted on the Amps reflector.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT

http://www.nod32.com