Re: [Amps] 5 kw amps -- why?

To: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>, "'R.Measures'" <r@somis.org>,"'Barry Kirkwood'" <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5 kw amps -- why?
From: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@privat.dk>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:08:43 +0200
Unlike beautiful women you CAN make a both beautiful AND usable Balun yourself - take a 35mm or bigger 4C65 core and a length of RG400 Coax; wind as many windings on the core as will fit (8 will do nicely from 160m to above 10m) and fit the whole thing into a Marine Quality junction box equipped with a PL socket, and three stainless steel eyebolts, and you'll have a pleasing wetherproof 1:1 balun that'll last a lifetime and carry legal limit almost indefinitely...

This is what carry my HB W3DZZ into the air.....

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

********** OZ1PIF **************
email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/