Re: [Amps] Tentec TITAN III vs ALPHA99

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tentec TITAN III vs ALPHA99
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:33:51 -0400
Carlos,

Have you taken a look at the new QRO amplifiers? Internally, I actually like them better than either the Ten-Tec or the Alpha. No matter what, all amps fail after a while, and to me the QRO is easiest to work on. Even though the other two may have a big name, I'll bet you'll end up cursing them if maintenance is ever needed. That's just my opinion though and I'd recommend you take a look at all the pictures at the QRO website. Then, compare them to the internals of the Alpha and Ten-Tec. Notice their layouts and how the parts are accessed. Plus, the QRO amps are using the cheaper Russian tetrodes now.

QRO website: http://www.qrotec.com/

Best & 73's

Will Matney

ea1dgz@dxhunters.com wrote:

Hi all
I am EA1DGZ my name is Carlos I am trying to make up my mind for a new amplifier and after searching and reading on the internet and talking to people, I am in between the Alpha99 and the Tentec TitanIII. I would like to know if you could help me to make the final decission in between any of these two amps.

I really dont know in terms of quality of components which one to buy, but I am sure that people in this Forum could help me a little bit.

Best regards

Carlos EA1DGZ
ea1dgz@ure.es

http://www.nod32.com