Re: [Amps] Tentec TITAN III vs ALPHA99

Subject: Re: [Amps] Tentec TITAN III vs ALPHA99
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:03:09 -0400

Hi all
I am EA1DGZ my name is Carlos I am trying to make up my mind for a new amplifier and after searching and reading on the internet and talking to people, I am in between the Alpha99 and the Tentec TitanIII. I would like to know if you could help me to make the final decission in between any of these two amps.

I really dont know in terms of quality of components which one to buy, but I am sure that people in this Forum could help me a little bit.

Best regards

Carlos EA1DGZ
ea1dgz@ure.es

The ACOM 1000A and 2000 models are quite nice also. I've seen constant 1000W output key down for quite a long time with the 1000A model. Exhaust temp gets warm but the amp puts out full power - the demo 1000A I played with went through a couple DX expeditions as well. ACOM 1000A will produce about 1200W PEP with 220VAC mains.