[Amps] 8122 x 12

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 8122 x 12
From: Chris Howard <chris@yipyap.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:18:16 -0700
I dropped by the university surplus warehouse today
and picked up a couple of beat-up RF amps, Amplifier
Research Model 200L.  Only one has it's RF deck, and
that has just 11 of it's 12 8122 tubes resident.

I'm a little confused though.  From what I can find
out this guy was supposed to do 200 Watts output
over a wide frequency range.  Why would they
need 12 tubes?

And the power supply looks pretty hefty, but
the 8122 datasheet says 2000 volts and 300 ma
for the plate.  Wouldn't that be (.3 X 12) 4 amps at
2000 volts?  I don't think the primary side
leads look like they will carry that much current.

What am I missing here?

Chris
kc0atc

--
Chris Howard                                     YipYap.Com
chris@yipyap.com                                 Estes Park, Colorado  USA