Re: [Amps] 8122 x 12

To: sm0aom@telia.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8122 x 12
From: G3rzp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:17:18 EST
In a message dated 29/12/2004 10:33:54 GMT Standard Time, sm0aom@telia.com
writes:

When I  think about it, the H-1000 was probably only rated to 25  MHz....
There were variants. When used as a drive for the H1200 30kW tx, they were  4
- 27MHz: stand alone as the HS113 (which I believe was the original type
number) they were 4 - 27MHz.

They were one reason that 4CX250Bs were fairly readily available to hams in
Chelmsford - although few people bothered!

I've got some papers from an IEE Conference on HF back in 63, where they
were described. There'a also a paper from STC about a 60kW tx: the variable
inductor in the L match used silver plated copper pipe with air blown down the
inside to cool it, and a wiper of specially made silver loaded graphite. Rich's

advice about providing air cooling for tank coils has some good
precedents....

I don't think there's anybody left making fair sized HF tx's in the UK -
well, maybe some of the UK subscribers to this reflector!

73

Peter G3RZP