[Amps] Henry 2K Classic

To: "Amps Contesting" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K Classic
From: "Jose R. Corteguera" <af4if@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:22:28 -0500
Please any of my friends,  you may help me.  I buy a Henry amplifier model
2K Classic  I check this for the maximum obtain,  with 90 W. drive outside
300 W.   I look inside, and outside, the equipment is EXCELLENT.  It have 2
tubes 3-500Z  I think the problem was the tubes,  I order 2 new tubes  and
install and tune and load in 20 meters  and with 90 W. drive of my FT-920  I
obtain 1000 watts. Outside anttena.

I make 3 contacts  in 20 and 15 meters,  work very good,  but the next week
start and no work, similar problem with the old tubes.

For more information I put my Yaesu FT 920 with 80 watts,  start my Henry
push the button OP  and the 80 watts of my Yaesu down to 20 Watts.  The
Plate volts is 2600 V. and MA Plate is 250 ma  in CW.

When  work perfectly, volts is 2600 and MA is 500 ma,  all is in CW.      On
SSB  Plate V.  3400 and MA is 750 too 800 ma.

I check all the bands,  80, 40, 20, 25, and 10 meters, in all is the same
problem.

I return the tubes  for checking but  I have  doubt if  equip. have any
problem.   I think you may help about this.

The old tubes and the new tubes  I see very good contition inside but you
know a millon about this.  I am sorry with my English but you may
understand.

Thank in advanced   Jose AF4IF

Happy New Year for all.