[Amps] AL-80B tuned input swr problem was bad 3-500Z

Subject: [Amps] AL-80B tuned input swr problem was bad 3-500Z
From: Charlie <ad5th@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:28:19 -0600
Took my AL-80B to Starkville,MS so Rob and Mike at Ameritron could solve e the high vswr on the 15 and 20M input circuits. The amp was also a tad low power at 650 cw. Once the 3-500Z got replaced the input vswr tweaked down to spec as did the output power about 850cw. The old tube was an Amperex and the new one a Taylor. Now with 2800 on the plate under load it easily sails past the 1KW pep mark on my YS-60 meter on all bands.

Just sharing this ..thought it was interesting the "input" problem was the "output" tube.

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Live Blues Music