Re: [Amps] Why price difference

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why price difference
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:34:31 -0500
The big problem is the competition. You build an amp, which is a superb piece of work, then somebody comes along with junk to sell about twice as cheap. Even worse, they import it from a country where the labor rates are a couple of bucks ,or less, an hour. What always happens, the majority of the public buys the cheaper brands, though they dont want to admit to it. I've personally been around the horn on this and seen it happen. One other thing that really burns me is a distributor selling to the general public. To be a distributor, you sell wholesale to the end sellers or small businesses. I've seen a few distributors who'll sale to anybody. That's the last nail in the coffin for a small business.

If Collins made their products today, your correct, they'd be about X2 what they was. The thing is, they'd be worth it. The bad thing, everyone would buy the cheaper stuff. That's the reason for Collins and others closing up shop IMHO.