Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:25:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
>A non-linear medium would have to mean that your signal was directly
> affecting the ionization density or the refractive index of the
> troposphere. As I already said, that's wishful thinking at amateur
> power levels.

If the transmitted signal did indeed affect something, then a cw note would
"blossom" if you held the key down, because it would heat up the affected
layer.  It would be repeatable and predictable, or it would not be scientific.

This non-linear ionization affect reminds me of the cold fusion experiments in
Utah.

73,  Colin  K7FM