Re: [Amps] 3 dB mobile power increase

To: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3 dB mobile power increase
From: PA3DUV <pa3duv@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:07:37 +0100
Bill,

Thanks for the info.
Interesting setup with four 1200 watt amps. Are you operating on 13.8 VDC?

Concerning the SG500: I found that the are somewhat forgiving to short SWR changes, but will trip quickly on undervoltage. So a stiff power supply is mandatory.

I've heard that Henry has stopped the production of HF amplifiers, so I assume the SS1200 is not available anymore.

CCI does not reply to e-mail, they might be out of business too.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>