Re: [Amps] Fwd: Pi-L In-circuit Adjustment Question

To: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: Pi-L In-circuit Adjustment Question
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:09:50 -0800
On Feb 23, 2005, at 4:11 AM, Dennis12Amplify@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/22/05 3:17:22 PM Central Standard Time,
> TexasRF@aol.com
> writes:
>
> Anyone  out there willing to give this test procedure a try? I am at
> work
> right now and no access to a big PA to check this out.
>
> Standing by  for test results!
>

> Tom,
>
> I have tried that a few times in the past because I was also looking
> for
> tuning (or pretuning) shortcuts; and found that the dip meter
> indicated the
> output tank's resonant frequency to be slightly  lower than the
> frequency the
> plate current dip was obtained at.

Dennis O.:  I found the same thing, which is what got me thinking about
how a Pi-network works -- i. e., that it's actually two L-network /
Z-transformers in series.  However, the confusion is understandable
since two L-networks in series is similar to a tank circuit in that it
provides a flywheel effect to augment the non-conduction half of the
sinewave in other than Class A amplifiers,
cheerz