Re: [Amps] close to off topic - how to read antenna R + jX ??

To: "Dan Sawyer" <dansawyer@earthlink.net>,"amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] close to off topic - how to read antenna R + jX ??
From: "Radioal" <al.dolgosh@hamradio.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:33:59 -0500
The impedance of an antenna in the real world is not 50 ohms resistive,
which is what the meter is telling you when you attach the "calibrated"
termination resistor.

Impedance is a complex unit, consisting of resistive and reactive
components.  Rather than write an off-topic book here, I suggest you read
the Antenna Handbook - or, if all else fails, the Autek instruction manual.

Al - K8EUR