[Amps] Shipping Opportunity

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Shipping Opportunity
From: "Dennis Sokol " <dajs@accnorwalk.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:18:33 -0500
All of this suggests that we need more reliable alternatives to shipping our
gear across country. It's clear that the consumer is not going to be able to
influence UPS and FedEx to change their ways. And I notice more ham amplifier
ads which say "unwilling to ship but I'll meet you half way within so many
miles."

Our gear is special, unique and in most cases, the dollar value is far above
the average package sent by the "consumer." There are thousands and thousands
of people transversing this country every day. There are many independent
truckers, for example, who are also hams, going from
coast to coast. Lots of hams traveling using mobile rigs. What could
possibly work would be some kind of clearing or coordinating mechanism
using the Internet and possibly one of the popular ham websites like EHAM or
QRZ to post messages looking for people to transport big gear.