Re: [Amps] shipping damge -- Guaranteed damage?? A dice roll?

To: Japerlick@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shipping damge -- Guaranteed damage?? A dice roll?
From: Fred <fred@k5og.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:10:46 -0600
The UPS inspector came out for this last go-'round and said it was
packed VERY well.  He even told me from the looks of the shipping
container that he thought UPS was probably involved in the design of
it.  He had no problem with the claim.  However, as so many of you have
noted, the main purpose of the claims department is to deny claims.
They refuse to cover the damage.  Why, you ask?  Well boys and girls set
down for this one.  Are you ready????   The claim is being denied
because, even though the frame rails were bent all to hell and it had
obviously been dropped, most of the damage was "internal".  Yep, internal.
I think a good class action suit is an excellent suggestion.  I'm
meeting with my attorney Tues and I'll bring this up.  I know another
attorney here who does a lot of trial work and I'll talk to him as
well.  I'll post my findings after I meet with both of them.  If any of
you out there are, or know, an attorney and would like to jump in here
please do.  I'm NOT an attorney and I don't even play one on TV.
If any one says they are having no problems with UPS and/or Fed Ex they
are living in a parallel dimension.