Re: [Amps] shipping damge -- Guaranteed damage?? A dice roll?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shipping damge -- Guaranteed damage?? A dice roll?
From: "donii@sympatico.ca" <donii@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:48:28 -0500
Hi gang
I've been following this thread since its beginning. Boy oh boy! I'm
shuddering in my sockets .I guess that when we ship its just a dice
roll. Competition is theoretically good but when pushed to extremes it
can result in the situation that we are seeing with UPS and their
competitors. ( boy I hope that a UPS exec. is reading these posts!)
Competition has rendered the shipping companies to lower their prices
and cut costs to the extent that once they have you package its a coin
toss. Its either great delivery or 'Gee that's too bad! It's your fault
because the package was the wrong color'
What am I to do when I have to ship a 60 pound linear? There is a niche
developing for 'careful' shipping. I won't be surprised that in a few
years there appears an expensive but 100% reliable shipper that will be
reliable with 'insurance' automatically included!!!!
Peter VE2FAR