Re: [Amps] shipping damge -- Guaranteed damage?? A dice roll?

To: Japerlick@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shipping damge -- Guaranteed damage?? A dice roll?
From: Fred <fred@k5og.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:56:49 -0600
Your comments about Craters and Freighters are spot on!
In my opinion they are the best.
Harold's posting of the original email about the damaged Alpha was on my
behalf.  I'm K5OG
I let the shipper of the first 77Sx talk me out of shipping it C&F.  Fed
Ex promptly lost it.  Transformer got here OK. :-((
Next one was trashed.  Sent to Alpha, repair and then trashed by UPS in
the special Alpha shipping box.  Three times stooopid.
I knew better.  I always have televisions shipped C&F including my 1939
RCA TRK-12.  Rare and very expensive.  Cost over $1200 to ship C&F but
it got here just as it left Manhattan, including the 12AP4 picture tube
which is made of unobtanium.
My "new" 77Sx is on the way from NC and I'm sure it will be in excellent
condition when it gets here.
If I want to ship stainless steel ball bearings in lead containers then
OOPS.... er UPS or Fed Ex is the way to go.  Anything of real value
should go C&F.  I'll never make that mistake again.  I'm now in the
middle of suing Fed Ex and UPS.
Thanks for all the input on this subject.  I've read everyone of them
73 de
K5OG
Fred