Re: [Amps] Water cooled amp question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Water cooled amp question
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:53:34 -0500
Joe,

I'd have to see the beast, it's application, and where everything was in order
to cure the problems. I used to design quench tank systems for fastener
manufacturers. The problems there was sometimes they'd only run one shift so 16
hours had to go between uses and freezing would occur in the winter time. I had
to design insulated housings, heat tape lines, use heat lamps on pumps, water
heater elements, anti-freeze on some things, it was a mess. The thing is on the
systems you describing, this all has to be designed in at the initial project
before it's built to make it correctly. It should be done job by job. Trying to
patch something up after the fact can make things worse sometimes. It's odd
that some of these manufacturers don't even take this in to account and leave
the end-user the problem to deal with later on. As bad as it seems, I do miss
doing that kind of work and wish I was still setting behind the board or
running CAD like I used to. Ohhhh the good ol days.

Best,

Will