Re: [Amps] WinLink

To: <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] WinLink
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:44:52 -0800
"I'm not 100% sure but I thought that federal law says that any non-profit
organization must show it's financials when asked."

There is a difference between a non-profit organization and a 501(c) 3
organization.  All 501(c) 3 organizations are non-profit, but not the other
way around.  Donations made to a 501(c) organization are deductible by the
donors.  There are different rules regarding disclosure for a 501(c)
organization.

Some organizations are non profit, but they pay large salaries to senior
employees.  On the other side, a number of corporations are organized for
profit but do not rise to the occasion.

This is off topic, but just answers a few statements out there. I guess it
could be relevant if you are thinking of setting up a non-profit radio club
and donate you hi value amp to it.

Colin  K7FM