Re: [Amps] WinLink

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] WinLink
From: "William O'Hara" <who_icrr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:58:35 -0500
Colin,

You are in correct.  All incorporations
that are organized and request IRS to grant
status under 501(c) are not for profit.

It has to be a 501(c)3 to receive the "full"
deduction.  Other entities do not have the
same rules.

They also have different rules about business
activities.

You can not compare one 990 to the 990
of another entity as many different things can
be going on.

A ham club is probably more apt to register
under 501(c)7.

I prefer historical societies that publish
in depth magazines and maintain historical
archives and musuems to have a 501(c)3.

I do not think that a social club such as a ham
organization should go for a 501(c)3, but it is
only my humble opinion.

Bill