Re: [Amps] Bird Element Calibration?

To: "Paul Whatton" <paul.whatton@ntlworld.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird Element Calibration?
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:37:46 -0800
Accurate or not, the Bird 43 is the accepted standard.
Although there are devices available with more accuracy when that power out
readings are taken with something other than a Bird, the question might pop up:
"Oh. Is that a good as... ")
Have not asked, see no need to, but I'll bet you could order a slug (oddball)
made-to-order that would read any power level (1 watt up) across the narrowest
of frequencies. I do not know of any other outfit that offer the same in an
acceptable $$ range.
And now I will let my one dollar and ninety five cents on this issue drop.
73,
Gary... wa6fgi