Re: [Amps] MEASURING RF POWER

To: <G3rzp@aol.com>, <garyschafer@comcast.net>,<zl1bhq@paradise.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MEASURING RF POWER
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:29:03 -0800
My .twenty-five cents worth: I see this forum as a "learning place" for me.
There have been some way-over-my-head opinions and mathematical formulas
expressed here that I do not need and probably will never understand.

However... it is nice to know there is a place (this one) where I can go and
ask my "dumb" questions and get an answer from someone (many someones, if you
will pardon me) who is willing to take their time to answer them in a manner
that will not only give me the knowledge I was seeking, and  maybe in time I
too can pass on this valuable (to me) knowledge to someone who had no idea as
to where to look for an answer.

None of us were born as smart as we are today. And if I wanted a "quiet" place,
I'd go live in a cave with no electricity.

My only grump is that I would like to meet those who have given to me their
time and knowledge so that I could thank them personally.

Keep up the noise (raise it to a din, eh?) such racket keeps my gray (grey for
the British learned members of this forum) matter from turning black and
therefore becoming unusable.

As for how rf power is measured,  although I favor a Bird 43 or instruments
that use a similar circuit, I now know there are many many different ways to
measure and calculate it.

73 and a good Easter to all,

Gary... wa6fgi