Re: [Amps] Amplifier classes in solid state

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier classes in solid state
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:27:17 -0500
Steve,

That's just what I thought. I knew mosfets were close to acting like a tube,
and seems to me there was a specific type they termed tetrode action on one.
Transistors should act similar to a triode, and by biasing the base, control
the class of operation. After all, that's the way all the solid state amps work
now. The classifications has nothing to do with the component type, but the way
an amplifier stage acts and or works. Thanks for the reply.

Will