Re: [Amps] Solid State HF High power linear amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State HF High power linear amps
From: "Steven Cook" <sccook1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:57:53 -0700
Mega - Ditto's...

Tubes are still the way to go unless you need your amp on battery power.

At ~ $50 each, the 4CX800 is hard to beat.    For the money, they are a
better deal than the 3-500Z, even in it's heyday.  If you purchase an extra
set of 800's at the get-go, you could very well be set for life.

Life's too short for QRP...

Steve - WG7K