Re: [Amps] Solid State HF High power linear amps

To: "PA3DUV" <pa3duv@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State HF High power linear amps
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:05:53 -0600
I personally have gravitated towards 2SC2879's, MRF120's, and MRF455's for
the car... the 2SC2879's are 14 VDC devices and are super dirt cheap in
quantity.... even from a high-buck place like RF Parts.

A buddy of mine, K0UM is in the process of building a 48 VDC MRF150 amp for
his car... using a voltage quadrupler of a simple design (now I say simple,
knowing full well he owns a power supply design company).  The higher
voltage devices have better efficiency.

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."  -- Bradley's Bromide