Re: [Amps] Solid state amps

To: <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid state amps
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:55:30 -0600
<<This I dont understand as the same amount of DC current will still flow
through the windings of the RF transformer if the DC is fed to its center
tap like in all designs. Or are you speaking of connecting a choke to each
collector where only RF would be handled by the transformer? >>

Yeah that's what it means...you got it... the collectors are fed via a choke
that is bifilar wound with a center tap for the DC+, while the RF
transformer is cap coupled (DC blocked).  Check Helge Granberg's later
designs... they were all done this way because he recognized the problem.

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."  -- Bradley's Bromide