[Amps] BAMA's position.

To: Manual_Exchange@yahoogroups.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] BAMA's position.
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <kgrimm@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:08:24 -0400
First of all, thanks very much for all the kind words that have been
expressed about BAMA.  I'm actually somewhat taken aback by the level of
interest in what has just been a labor of love and a second hobby on my
part.

To be perfectly honest, HP, Tek, GR, AVO, Rhode & Schwarz, etc. were
never part of my "BAMA grand plan."  All I wanted to do was to make
available manuals for old tube type ham gear and the usual SWL receivers.

Somehow, over the years, I was persuaded to add more and more test gear.
  The quantity and size of the HP manuals submitted to BAMA was, in many
respects, a pain in the posterior.  However, the demand was there and I
tried to oblige it.

I have tried my best to explain to Mr. Simon what BAMA is and how it
works and so have several of you.  However, there is an Agilent company
policy against web distribution of their manuals.

I have no idea whether it is worth the effort on Agilent's part to
change their rather strange policy with regard to web distribution of
their manuals.  The only thing that is dead certain is that BAMA will
not be publishing CDs of HP manuals either to give away or to sell.

If anyone is interested, they should write to Mr. Simon and request a
license to reproduce HP manuals to be distributed on CD.  You can even
make a profit, if I understand the policy correctly.  Perhaps someone on
this list would be interested.  I'm not.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr