Re: [Amps] [Manual_Exchange] Re: Agilent Woes

To: Manual_Exchange@yahoogroups.com, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Manual_Exchange] Re: Agilent Woes
From: Kenneth Grimm <kgrimm@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:48:36 -0400
Holly wrote:

>It has to be possible to come up with an "everyone wins" deal without
>too much effort.
>
>Agilent needs to appreciate the publicity value of the Bill and Dave
>heritage. We old equipment buffs need to understand that Agilent has
>a duty to shareholders to retain control of intellectual property,
>including protection of the HP trademark.
>
>There has to be a solution that benefits everyone, this is not a zero-
>sum game.
>
>Holly

You are absolutely right, Holly.

I am delighted to report that today I was given a license from Agilent
which will allow the return of the HP material to its usual place on
BAMA.  Thanks to the efforts of many interested folks on the Manual
Exchange and the Amps  lists as well as several others, literally from
all corners of the earth, the policy that enjoined BAMA from carrying HP
material was changed.  I also appreciate the efforts of Jim Simon and
Mike Gallagher of Agilent who, once they understood the problem,  worked
with me to reach an agreeable solution.  Both Jim and Mike couldn't have
been more helpful and I would urge all of you who might harbor some hard
feelings about Agilent to remember that they are a corporation staffed
by good people who, it turns out,  haven't forgotten what Bill and Dave
were all about.

The BAMA site will host HP manuals that "pertain to products no longer
supported by Agilent and that are not otherwise available from Agilent,
whether via free download or via purchase from Agilent."  So, if it
isn't on the Agilent web site, BAMA can host it.  Warm up those scanners
and let's get back to documenting those big, heavy, obsolete gems.

Thanks again, to all of you who took the time to make your feelings
known and for those at Agilent who were listening.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr