Re: [Amps] U.S. Military chooses Harris

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] U.S. Military chooses Harris
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
The equipment itself isn't classified, but it is handled differently than a
plain old piece of gear.  The stuff that goes in and through it is certainly
classified, though.  But either way, I'm done with this one...  :-)

Joe

G3rzp@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 28/04/2005 15:54:12 GMT Standard Time, chris@yipyap.com
writes:

>While I may be a bit paranoid, lets please cease the "classified" talk
>on an international service.

I haven't seen anything here about encryption that I haven't read quite some
time ago in the magazines. About 25 years ago, when I was involved with
SINGCARS, I was somewhat surprised to find that I knew more about the system
from
what had been published than many of the guys developing units for it. They
just had a unit spec. Same applied to quite a few other programmes.

73

Peter G3RZP