Re: [Amps] U.S. Military chooses Harris

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] U.S. Military chooses Harris
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:41:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/2005 6:26:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
craxd1@ezwv.com writes:
Got this in an e-mail today about what the Marines chose for communications;

U.S. Marine Corps awards $75 million contract for AN/PRC-150 (C)
high-frequency radios

Apr 26, 2005 4:12 PM

I have a Harris RF-590 receiver and last summer I had sent it to Harris for
service. I had to wait several months to get it back and when I asked them why
it was taking so long they told me they were swamped with repairs for radios
the military was using over in Iraq. I certainly don't mind waiting in line for
them to repair the radios our boys are using in Iraq. It hit home that we are
difinitely in a war footing  with the insurgents in Iraq and those Harris
radios are probably saving lives over there! 73 Todd WD4NGG